TEXT LCCOVID19 TO 888777 TO RECEIVE TEXT ALERTS FROM LOUDOUN COUNTY ABOUT COVID-19
Welcome to The Arc of Loudoun
The Arc of Loudoun is a local nonprofit that provides a lifetime of opportunities for people with disabilities. Join us as we together advocate for, educate, serve, and support people with disabilities and their families.
All five of our integrated programs are dedicated to maximizing the potential of every person and family we serve to live a life like yours. Our programs include opens in a new windowAbility Fitness Center, ALLY “A Life Like Yours” Advocacy Center, opens in a new windowAurora Behavior Clinic, opens in a new windowThe Aurora School; and Open Door Learning Center preschool.
- opens in a new windowThe Aurora School is a private day school for students with special needs, particularly those with Autism.
- opens in a new windowOpen Door Learning Center is a preschool that serves children with and without disabilities.
- opens in a new windowALLY “A Life Like Yours” Advocacy Center fills the unmet needs of the community by providing free information on disability rights, guidance, support, events, and workshops to families and caretakers of those with disabilities and the professionals who work with them.
- opens in a new windowAurora Behavior Clinic provides individualized therapeutic options for children with autism and other related disabilities, with a specialized curriculum focused on verbal behavior and increasing social interactions.
- opens in a new windowAbility Fitness Center is therapeutic fitness and wellness center with expert clinicians and specialized equipment that provides access to innovative, customized, and activity based interventions for people with neurological and developmental disabilities.
“My son attended school on The Arc of Loudoun campus. We have always loved The Arc of Loudoun and the knowledgeabale therapists there. We moved to the area from out of town because we fell in love with The Arc of Loudoun. In fact, the staff (unknowingly) changed the course of my life because I found them to be especially inspiring. I have nothing but the best of things to say about The Arc of Loudoun.”
The Arc – National Affiliate
The Arc of Loudoun is a local chapter of over 700 affiliates of The Arc of the United States. Since 1967, The Arc of Loudoun has been Loudoun County’s only advocacy organization dedicated to serving people with disabilities and their families. We are the only community-based non-profit working for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout their lifetimes. We encompass all ages and all spectrums from autism, ASD, Down Syndrome, Fragile X, intellectual disabilities, and various other developmental disabilities.
Gold Seal of Transparency
The Arc of Loudoun received a Gold Seal of Transparency from GuideStar. A Seal of Transparency is granted when a nonprofit provides context for the IRS Information already in the organizations GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, giving donors a better insight into the work we do here at The Arc of Loudoun!