TEXT LCCOVID19 TO 888777 TO RECEIVE TEXT ALERTS FROM LOUDOUN COUNTY ABOUT COVID-19
What We Offer
- Reduced Teacher-to-Student Ratio, typically 1:6
- Upon availability, Part-Time schedules available (Tues/Thurs & Mon/Wed/Fri)
- Potty-Training Available for ALL Ages
- Prescreening assessments for best placement
- Hands-on Learning Centers
- Supportive Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Music Therapy (P.M. on Wednesdays)
- Physical Education (A.M. on Monday & Tuesday)
- Standards-based “Starfall” curriculum
- Quarterly Skills Report and Evidence Portfolio
- Multicultural Themes
- Parents provide child’s snack & lunch
- FREE Workshops to parents and the community
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Classroom “Support Staff Team”
- In-house Behavior Analyst support
- Home, School and Community-Based Behavior Consultation Services including IEP review
Social Skills-Building – IN EVERY CLASSROOM
ODLC offers all students the unique opportunity to learn behavioral, social and pre-academic skills in a natural environment (play-based) setting using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
Everyday we work on Social Skills Goals:
- Taking turns
- Asking friends for help
- Positive choices
- Sharing toys
- Including other children’s ideas in play
- Using words to describe feelings & thoughts
- Following direction
- …and more!
Conversations during lunchtime provide excellent opportunities for friends to bond with one another. Parents of children enrolled in our Half-Day Program can sign their child up to participate in our “Daily Lunch Social” for additional interaction with friends and teachers; a perfect occasion for children to learn and model appropriate table manners, meal etiquette and social skills.
ALL-DAY PRESCHOOL (RISING KINDERGARTNERS)
Using a curriculum that was developed specifically for ODLC, rising Kindergarteners enrolled in our All-Day Program participate in an afternoon social skills program that focuses on key skillsets (through “speaker” and “listener” play activities) that are needed for children to develop the ability to begin and sustain interaction with their friends.
Our preschool program prepares children for Kindergarten in many ways. Our teachers work with each student in the following areas:
- Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Social Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Development
- Activities of Daily Living/Self-Management
- Verbal Behavior/Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
Our teachers follow a clear and developmentally-appropriate curriculum interpreting:
- Early Literacy (phonics, concepts of print, comprehension and writing)
- Math Skills and Concepts
- Social Studies
- Social-emotional Development
- Creative Arts
- Physical Movement
- …and more!
Rising Kindergarten students and parents participate in our springtime “Kindergarten Transition Series”; a series of workshops and resources to help prepare you and your child for a successful transition to Kindergarten.
Other Program Details
ODLC and the Paxton Campus have a variety of fun and informative events for the whole family. Here’s a sample of some of what we do year round:
- ODLC Family End-of-Year BBQ
- Holiday Sip & Shop
- Parent’s Night Out
- Bingo & Game Nights
- Paxton Campus Spring Festival & Trike-A-Thon
- Fundraisers (“Pump it Up”, “Shocktober”, etc.)
- …and more!