We are HIRING for a Part-Time Teacher’s Assistant to join Open Door Learning Center preschool within The Arc of Loudoun in Leesburg, VA! The ideal candidate is an experienced childcare provider with an exceptional ability to multi-task, relate to children, and work in a collaborative team environment. If you have a passion for working with preschool students of all abilities, this could be the job for you.
Reports to: The Director of Open Door Learning Center with Direct Supervision by Lead Teachers.
Teacher’s Assistant Summary: Provide direct support to the efforts of the Lead Classroom teacher by helping with the preparation, instruction, and implementation of all classroom teaching. Classroom teaching will include academic readiness, behavior management, and independence with life skills and social skills.
Assisting the teacher in planning and implementing the daily program, including the following:
- Working directly with students with and without disabilities on a daily basis
- Recognizing, considering, and responding appropriately to the individual needs of each child
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others
- Facilitate play-based activities and social interactions
- Utilizing evidenced-based procedures founded in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Assist in supervising classrooms in the absence of the Lead Teacher
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children and their families
- Model behavior, language, and attitudes from which the children learn
- Help with meals and preparation of snacks
- Help children establish good habits of personal hygiene
- Assist in the execution and creation of appropriate developmental activities
- Assist in maintaining classroom displays, visual accommodations, or other classroom materials
- Sharing with the Lead Teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean and well-organized classroom
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 1+ year experience working with preschool children in a group setting
- A willingness to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the center’s philosophy
- Ability to work with students that demonstrate aggressive behaviors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- A minimum of 30 college credits in education, child development, or familiarity and experience in ABA
- Have enough energy and stamina to meet the demands of small children
- Able to reposition self frequently to address children at eye level or implement instruction
- Ability to frequently change positions from sitting to standing to walking to meet the needs of the children in our care
- Able to stay outside for periods of instruction in various weather conditions
- On occasion may be required to lift a child up to 40lbs
- Employer-paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
- Employee sponsored 401k plan
- Paid sick and personal days, along with paid school holidays and closures (follow LCPS)
Interested in being our Teacher’s Assistant? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to Mandy Butler, Administrative Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.