We are HIRING a Horse Care Professional for Project Horse within The Arc of Loudoun in Purcellville, VA! The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience with horse handling and care. If you have a passion for working with horses, this could be the job for you!
Job Title: Horse Care Professional
Reports to: Director of Operations for Project Horse
Shifts: AM shift starts at 6:00 am, PM shift starts at 4:00 pm
Summary: This position is responsible for the overall care and grooming of the horses, as well as the barn. Project Horse provides therapy services for individuals, families, and groups.
**Employees must have a completed COVID vaccine series, or an accepted medical or religious exemption**
- Prepping grain and supplements
- Feeding and watering horses
- Moving hay
- Scrubbing troughs and buckets
- Bringing horses in and turning horses out
- Blanketing horses
- Mucking stalls and run-ins, and maintaining an overall clean barn
- Grooming horses
- Basic first aid, vital signs, and administrating medications and wellness checks as needed
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- At least 2 years of current horse handling/horse care experience, working with horses of different breeds, temperaments, and ages in various settings (barn, stall, pasture, etc.)
- Problem-solving abilities including resolving problems quickly and effectively and determining appropriate courses of action
- An ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- An ability to work assigned shifts, AM and PM, including weekends and holidays
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Energy and stamina to meet the physical demands of horse care and barn/farm chores
- Able to frequently change positions from sitting to bending to standing to walking, including standing for extended periods of time
- Able to tolerate and work in a wide variety of weather and temperature conditions
- Able to lift 50 pounds, including large bags of horse feed and bales of hay
- Able to adequately control allergies (if present) to grass pollens, horsehair, molds, etc.
- 401k plan with employer match
How to Apply
Interested in being our Horse Care Professional? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectations (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to Joanne Trimmer at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those who best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We truly believe in celebrating our differences and building a culturally diverse team dedicated to working with people with disabilities.