We’re hiring ABA Instructors to join The Aurora School within The Arc of Loudoun in Leesburg, VA! The ideal candidate is patient and supportive, as well as experience working with children with special needs and behavioral issues. If you are passionate about working in a collaborative and innovative learning environment, among students with neurological and developmental disabilities ages 5-22, this may be the job for you. Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organization!
The Aurora School is a 12-month day program that provides a collaborative and innovative learning environment for students 5-22 years of age with Autism and other developmental abilities.
ABA Instructor Job Summary: Provide instruction that is based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis with an emphasis in Verbal Behavior.
Essential Experience, Responsibilities, and Skills
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines, such as BCBAs, OTs, and SLPs, and other teach members, such as other ABA Instructors
- Implement a student’s Individual Education Program (IEP), Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), or program goals under the supervision and direction of the supervisor
- Responsible for day-to-day student programming
- Learn and carry out student programming and Behavior Plans for up to 4-6 students
- Attending staff and classroom meetings
- Record and track IEP progress through daily data collection
- Create, maintain, and organize a student’s materials and workspace
- Manage student data, including daily probe sheets, progress reports, BIPs, and behavioral data sheets
- Provide input on student progress in quarterly progress reports to parents and/or school systems or as required
- Cooperative and flexible participation within a team and among other teams
- Attend Community Based Instruction (CBI) to help students generalize skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
- Knowledge of ABA Principles and Verbal Behavior
- Experience working with individuals with autism and/or other special needs who are vocal and/or non-vocal with behavioral issues
- Knowledge and experience with assistive technology
- Ability to problem-solve academic and behavior intervention programs
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- Experience with high-intensity behavior issues/physical aggressive behavior
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, education, speech, or other related field preferred
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Effectively implement and physically implement PCM procedures (when trained)
- Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
- Ability to bend, reach, and hold objects
- Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
- Employer-paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
- Employee sponsored 401k plan
- Paid sick and personal days, along with paid school holidays and closures (follow LCPS)
- Supervision for those pursuing BACB Certification as BCaBA, BCBA, and/or RBT
Interested in being our ABA Instructor? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those who best meet the qualifications. The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.