Are you a licensed Physical Therapist who is interested in working with multiple populations? Do you have the passion or experience working with clients with neurologic diagnoses? If you are excited to support our amazing clients, this job may be for you! Exciting opportunity to be a part of our dynamic non-profit organization!
Ability Fitness Center is a gym for people with disabilities. We are a therapeutic fitness and wellness center with expert clinicians and specialized equipment providing access to innovative, customized, and activity-based interventions that increase the functional ability for individuals with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, balance disorders, developmental disabilities, and other neurologic conditions.
Summary: Delivering Physical Therapy services and goals for clients.
**Employees must have a completed COVID vaccine series, or an accepted medical or religious exemption**
- Assist clients with their exercise programs including (transfers on/off equipment, set up of equipment, use of NMES, manual stretching, manual therapy)
- Assist the direction of all volunteers in the center
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members including volunteers and students
- Modify clients' exercise regimens as needed
- Assist in the supervision of student physical therapists
- Implement direct and indirect therapy services
- Exhibit flexibility about schedule changes
- Create and carry out physical therapy goals and objectives for students’ IEPs
- Attend meetings, such as IEPs, weekly team meetings, staff meetings
- Record and track IEP progress through session data collection
- Manage student service logs, including datasheets and billing
- Provide input on student progress in quarterly progress reports to parents and/or school systems
- Incorporate the Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) into the therapy sessions
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members, such as BCBAs, OTs, SLPs, ABA Therapists, and parents
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 2 or more years of experience in Physical Therapy
- Knowledge of and experience working with clients with neurologic diagnoses such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, balance disorders, developmental disabilities, and other neurologic conditions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple clients at once
- Knowledge of ABA Principles and Verbal Behavior
- Customer-focused with a high level of patience and professionalism
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with keen problem-solving skills
- Well organized and creative
- Excellent time management and flexibility skills
- Degree in Physical Therapy
- VA Physical Therapy License (through the VA Department of Health Professions)
Professional Development and Training
- Attend training and professional development opportunities
- Complete mandatory training
- Complete other training related to the field as assigned by the supervisor
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to transfer clients from wheelchairs to mat/equipment
- Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
- Ability to bend, reach, and hold objects
- Frequent lifting
- Employee sponsored 401k plan with match
How to Apply
Interested in being our Physical Therapist? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to Helen Parker at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those who best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, whether it regards age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender and gender identity, language, national origin, physical and mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. The Arc of Loudoun makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.