Are you a professional who is passionate about helping children work towards their potential?www.thearcofloudoun.org.Do you have strong customer service skills and a high level of patience and understanding of disruptive behaviors? If you have an interest in working to support individuals with developmental delays and/or special needs, this may be the job for you! Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and meaningful organization! Find out more at
The Aurora Behavior Clinic is a center-based clinic providing one-on-one ABA services to children, parent training, and social skills to individuals of all ages.
Part-time work schedule available.
Part-time schedule between 3 pm-7 pm Monday - Thursday, and 3 pm-5 pm Friday.
Summary:Provide direct, one-on-one therapy based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Implement the ABA program created by the client’s BCBA/Program Manager.
**Employees must have a completed COVID vaccine series, or an accepted medical or religious exemption**
- Work collaboratively with ABA team including Board Certified Behavior Analysts
(BCBAs) and other behavior technicians
- Interact professionally with parents and caregivers
- Implement a client’s individualized treatment plan, Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), or program goals under the supervision and direction of the supervisor
- Attend staff and/or clinical meetings
- Record and track treatment progress through daily data collection
- Create, maintain, and organize client materials and workspace
- Manage client data, including probe sheets, BIPs, and behavioral data sheets
- Cooperative and flexible participation within a team and among other teams
- Implement Professional Crisis Management (PCM) Techniques if necessary (after completing and receiving a passing score on the training components)
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of ABA Principles in addition to common strategies and procedures (e.g. reinforcement, token boards, etc.)
- At least 6 months of experience working with individuals with developmental delays and/or other special needs who are vocal and non-vocal
- Experience working with individuals who demonstrate target, or disruptive behaviors preferred (e.g. pulling hair, kicking, biting, etc.)
- Experience with data collection and analysis preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A High School diploma required
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential through the BACB preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, education, or other related field preferred
Professional Development and Training
- Attend all mandatory staff and team meetings
- Professional Crisis Management (PCM) Techniques training
- Complete other training related to the field as assigned by the supervisor
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Effectively and physically implement PCM procedures (when necessary)
- Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
- Ability to bend, reach, and hold objects
- Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
- Employer paid Life/AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
- Employee-sponsored 401k plan
- Paid sick and personal days, along with paid school holidays and closures (follow LCPS)
- Supervision for those pursuing BACB Certification as BCaBA, BCBA, and/or RBT
How to Apply
Interested in being our Behavior Technician? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and a cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you). Please also include all available for the following work schedules: Part-time schedule between 3 pm-7 pm Monday - Thursday, and 3 pm-5 pm Friday.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those who best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We truly believe in celebrating our differences and building a culturally diverse team dedicated to working with people with disabilities.
Job Types: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations:To keep our employees safe, we strictly adhere to CDC, VDH, and The Arc of Loudoun guidelines for safety and sanitation.