Are you a highly organized, hard-working, hands-on facilities manager committed to keeping your properties running smoothly and efficiently? Do you have good people skills, attention to detail, and a “can-do” attitude? Is managing multiple priorities something you take pride in? If you have a passion for improving the lives of people with disabilities and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic non-profit organization, this role may be the job for you!
Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, building, and repairs of the campus’s assets, located both in Leesburg, VA, and Purcellville, VA (facilities, grounds, and vehicles), in addition to supporting fundraising and programming. Assuring the Facility shall meet, at minimum, state, and local standards regarding safety. The Facilities Manager shall act as liaison with the fire department, scheduling annual safety inspections.
Schedule: This position requires at least 40 hours per week and may require on-call responsibilities after hours and on weekends for emergencies or special events. Hours may be flexible but must be maintained during operations at the campus.
**Employees must have a completed COVID vaccine series, or an accepted medical or religious exemption**
- Manages the maintenance and operations of campus buildings and vehicles.
- Develops maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of campus buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
- Manages all campus building systems – mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, waste management.
- Completes minor repairs to all campus furniture, fixtures, and buildings.
- Manages procurement of campus supplies and consumables.
- Manages and trains Facilities staff in general maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Ensures that all maintenance work follows safety standards and conforms to specifications.
- Solicits bids and proposals when outside contractors are needed to complete maintenance tasks; tracks work orders and manages projects through satisfactory completion.
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 5 years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety (fire and alarm systems), and waste management.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
- Experience coordinating vendors/contractors to facilitate delivery of services and products.
- Experience procuring supplies and materials needed for day-to-day operations.
- Supervisory experience.
- High School diploma (or GED); Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Desired Qualifications (if applies)
- Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and/or other facilities-related professional certifications.
- Experience interacting with people who have disabilities.
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofits.
Professional Development and Training
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
- Attend monthly training and professional development opportunities presented by The Arc, as required.
- Must be able to physically able to walk, stand, bend, sit, lift, ascend/descend stairs and drive.
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets and office machinery.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machineries, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with vendors to maintain campus and vehicles and must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Frequently works outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service facilities
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across campus for various classrooms and event needs.
Benefits (30 hours/week eligible)
- Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan.
- Employer paid Life/AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA.
- Employee sponsored 401k plan with match.
- Accrued PTO, along with paid holidays and closures.
To keep our employees safe, we strictly adhere to CDC, VDH, and The Arc of Loudoun guidelines for safety and sanitation.
How to Apply
Interested in being our Facilities Manager? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to YaTonya Abdullah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those who best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, whether it regards age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender and gender identity, language, national origin, physical and mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. The Arc of Loudoun makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.