TEXT LCCOVID19 TO 888777 TO RECEIVE TEXT ALERTS FROM LOUDOUN COUNTY ABOUT COVID-19
Group Caregiver Training and Consultations
Open Door Learning Center (ODLC) is an intentionally inclusive preschool, dedicated to teaching students with and without learning disabilities and behavior challenges. In addition to this inclusive model, ODLC operates as a training preschool, working to share inclusive strategies with other caregivers in the community. ODLC employs behavior analysts and instructors who are equipped to train educators in evidenced-based practices founded in the principles of applied behavior analysis, which helps children of all abilities. Our trainers will help provide educators with the tools needed to help the children in their care succeed, while simultaneously giving caregivers the confidence to work with students of all abilities. Trainers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to relate to the challenges of being in a classroom or administrative role, with real-world experience. All of our training and consultation options will be personalized to meet your school and classroom/educator’s needs.
SERVICES MAY INCLUDE:
Administrative Support Recommendations
Early childhood administrators support their teachers with the strategies they need for successful classroom management. Before we train your teaching staff, we will train YOU and provide effective management strategies for school administrators.
- Training, observing and supporting your teaching staff
- Setting clear expectations
A short, anonymous online survey which provides our experts with insight into the population of students in your care and some of the challenges that may be occurring.
- A PowerPoint presentation with sample “real life” videos
- Teacher survey results
Each attendee receives a “Toolbox” of information to help get you started.
- A printed version of the slideshow for notetaking
- Sample strategies to use for specific behavioral functions (ie: visual timers/schedules, token boards, etc.)
- A functional process chart (a “flowchart of solutions”)
- Sample Forms
- ABC Data Form
- Pre-enrollment Assessment Tool
- Preference Assessment
Ensure how well your educators understand and can apply what is learned in our workshop with small group role-playing. Caregivers build confidence and develop creative problem-solving skills by participating in these real-world classroom scenarios.
This informal Q & A session after the presentation will help provide practical solutions. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions and seek clarification.
Grading our Presentation
Provide us with important feedback about our presentation, which will help guide us towards continuous improvement.
Each attendee receives a training/workshop certificate of participation. Continuous education.
We can provide parents with group or private training to ensure consistency across caregivers. Additional parent services may include in-home observations.
- Local contact information for additional support
- Reading resources.
Your workshop fee includes a one-hour observation at your school. Data collection and feedback is provided.
And… if further help is needed, we can additionally provide:
Functional Behavior Assessment
Behavior Intervention Plan
- Teaching Procedures
- Group Contingencies
- Access to ODLC’s “Workshop Package”, which includes:
- “It’s Not Magic” – Using Effective Behavioral Strategies to Improve Your Child’s Behavior
- “CSI: Behavior Edition”- Discovering the “WHY” Behind Your Child’s Challenging Behaviors and Increasing Positive Outcomes
- “Food for Thought” – Increasing Food Selectivity and Improving Mealtime Routines
- “Sleepless in Loudoun” – Helpful Behavioral Strategies for Successful Bedtime Routines
All services and fees are contingent upon school needs. Travel expenses are included if within Loudoun County.