We are a therapeutic fitness and wellness center with expert clinicians and specialized equipment providing access to innovative, customized, and activity-based interventions that increase functional ability for individuals with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, cerebral palsy, balance disorders, developmental disabilities, and other neurological conditions.
What We Do:
Our intensive recovery interventions are aimed at generating the greatest level of independence and recovery possible. Our interventions are based on the expanding science of neuroplasticity, which states that the brain is able to reorganize itself with increased repetition of previously learned patterns.
Our goals at Ability Fitness Center are to help each client have an improved quality of life and optimal physical and emotional health; have maximum functional independence; improve flexibility, muscle strength, balance, posture, and bone density; decrease muscle spasms and contractures, while preventing complications related to more sedentary lifestyles for wheelchair bound clients.
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Balance Disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Other (If you do not see your condition listed, please do not hesitate to CONTACT US to discuss if Ability Fitness is an option for you.
Whether joining Ability Fitness Center for a few months or a few years, we provide an evaluation of your needs based on your specific rehabilitation and fitness goals.
Monthly membership to Ability Fitness Center includes:
- Access to our center Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm;
- Individual time with our neurologically-trained therapist for guided exercise and hands-on facilitation to maximize function;
- Use of specialized equipment, with assistance as needed;
- Focus on you as an individual by providing customized care to reach your greatest level of independence and recovery possible;
- A place to meet others and create lasting friendships;
- For more information on cost, please contact Helen Parker. Financial assistance may be available for qualified applicants. Please CLICK HERE for more information.